Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Kielbasa Pasta in Cream Sauce


Kielbasa Pasta in Cream Sauce
*****

So I haven't been blogging for a long time. And this summer I took a hiatus... although it's been pretty difficult without a working camera! So you'll have to excuse the pictures (courtesy of my iPhone) until I get a replacement. So I've been on a couponing kick lately. (Me with a new fascination?? REaLLy!??!) Anyway so I found a coupon for a new product (well new to me), Philadephia's Cooking Creme. And the deal was too good to pass up so I purchased one hesitantly not quite sure what I'd use it for.


One night I pulled this out and it has a yummy looking recipe on the back for Chicken Bruschetta Pasta. Sounded delicious (I LOVE Bruschetta!) But I had already thawed some Kielbasa sausage. So I decided I'd use that instead of chicken. And there were a few alternatives to the ingredients, but basically the same idea. Since I used kielbasa this didn't have that Bruschetta flavor, (the Kielbasa was overwhelming) but it was delicious just the same. This recipe is for the kielbasa lovers, if you want more of a bruschetta or cream flavored pasta I'd stick with the original recipe from Philadelphia. So here's what's I came up with:



INGREDIENTS:


1 package Kielbasa or smoked sausage, sliced


1/3 c. reduced-sodium chicken broth


1 clove garlic


1 tub (10oz.) Philadephia Original Cooking Creme


2 roma tomatoes chopped


2+ c. hot pasta


dried basil (I used about 1/2 - 3/4 tsp.)



DIRECTIONS:


1. Heat sausage in a little olive oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat until heated through. Add chicken broth, garlic and basil. Cook approximately 3 min.


2. Add cooking creme and tomateos; cook and stir 3 min.


3. Stir in pasta and serve.



This is best served that day as the sauce thickens and becomes less creamy.


**This recipe can be gluten free as long as you use a gluten-free pasta and make sure you're chicken broth is gluten-free**


signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I'm trying my own variation tonight!

    ReplyDelete