Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Honey Crock Pot Chicken

Honey Crock Pot Chicken
*****

I got this recipe from allrecipes.com but had to tweak a few things to make it work.
I found these yummy looking guys on clearance at my local grocery store and chicken that is .79/lb is definitely for me!  


INGREDIENTS:
3-4 lbs chicken drumsticks (I had 11 drumsticks in my pkg.)
3/4 c. honey
1/2 c. lite soy sauce
3 Tbsp. ketchup
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained with reserved juice
2 Tbsp. corn starch
1/4 c. water

**If your ingredients are GF than this meal is GF, check your soy sauce and spices to be sure!**

DIRECTIONS:
1. I always start by spraying my crockpot with nonstick spray because it makes clean up faster. Then I dumped in all those chicken drumsticks.
2. In a bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger and reserved pineapple juice. Pour this sauce over the chicken.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours (make sure chicken is cooked through). Stir in pineapple chunks about 10-15 minutes before done.

*This is where preference comes in. The chicken is done, and delicious, the sauce is good but quite liquidy. If you don't want to wait, or use the crockpot to avoid extra dishes and steps, go ahead and eat now. If you want a thick sauce to pour over the top continue on.*

4. Remove chicken and pineapple and set aside (keeping warm). Pour sauce into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
5. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl and whisk into sauce. Turn down heat and let cook until thickened.
6. Serve chicken on rice and top with sauce.

My kids all had seconds and some had thirds. My GF daughter says she loves delicious chicken meals like this that are gluten-free.

ENJOY!


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment