Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Warm Broccoli Spread

Warm Broccoli Spread
*****

My husband cannot get enough of this.  He will eat the whole thing by himself and he is NOT a vegetable fan.  This is a broccoli spread so expect broccoli.  You can do a light version using light or reduced fat cream cheese, sour cream and cheese, but we go for the regular version.

I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Cookbook when I was looking for a new way to use up broccoli.
First add 1 pkg. cream cheese (8oz),  1 c. sour cream and 1 envelope Italian seasoning pkg to a bowl.  

Using a hand mixer beat together until blended.

I used fresh broccoli so I chopped up about 10 oz.
(if using frozen make sure it is chopped, thawed, drained and patted dry)


 Then fold in your 10 oz chopped broccoli and 1 1/2 c. of shredded cheddar cheese.


Once all mixed, spoon into a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.  (I used my pampered chef small oval baker without the spray.)


My daughter couldn't resist even before it was cooked.
Bake at 350* for 20 min.  Then sprinkle with 1/2 c. cheese and bake an additional 5 min. to melt cheese.

(Make sure you clean up as you go)

Hot out of the oven!!

Serve with wheat things

If you want a gluten free version, serve with gluten-free crackers.


My daughter's dinner gluten-free chicken bruschetta pasta and warm broccoli spread with gluten-free crackers.  


ENJOY!!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment