Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chicken Bruschetta Pasta

Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
*****

This is a yummy creamy pasta.  Since I was making this for my entire family.  I did the sauce separate and topped the noodles (since I had traditional and gluten-free).  This is excellent with the noddles mixed in and so every noodle gets some sauce!  I love creamy sauces to go with pasta.


I started with this little gem:


I had some coupons and used them at Smith's while they were on sale (double score!!)

You might have read my version of this recipe with kielbasa HERE.  

This is the traditional version found on the back of the container.  

First off, I don't care for garlic powder.  I use it only in emergencies, I prefer fresh garlic (makes such a difference in my opinion).  So I swapped that out.  And I didn't have fresh basil leaves, so I went with the dried and made sure to cook that in so the flavor showed up.  I also went with fresh on the vine tomatoes chopped instead of the grape.  And I chopped up my chicken 1) to make it easier for my kiddos and 2) to make it easier for me.  I hate having to bite a large strip of chicken and have the sauce drool all down my face or trying to cut it inside the bowl (does this happen to no one else?!) Anyway...

I started with about a Tbsp or 2 of olive oil.  I sauted in 2 cloves of garlic and let that cook about a minute and then added the chicken (recipe says 1 lb, I did about 5 chicken tenders).  After the chicken was all cooked (about 5-6 min or until done).  I added the chicken broth (1/3 c.).

I cooked that up for about 3 min.  Then I added the cooking creme (1 container of original flavor), chopped tomatoes (about 2 cups worth) and dried basil (I think about 1/2 tsp? (I eyeballed it).  I cooked this for about 3 min.



I looks super soupy here, but it thickens as it cooks.  And once you mix the noddles in you will be grateful for all that delicious sauce. :)

I've run out of this product (and coupons) but do plan to duplicate this recipe with a homemade version maybe cream cheese and heavy cream or something... I'll think of something.

**This recipe is gluten free if you top over gluten-free pasta**


(Gluten-free version for my daughter) :)

ENJOY!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment