Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fruit & Cream Streusel Squares

Fruit & Streusel Squares
*****

I found this recipe in the All the Best Pampered Chef Cookbook.  These are so much simpler than they look or taste.  Every time I serve them I get the questions, "These are homemade?"  I love making one batch with 2 or 3 flavors and it gives great variety.
Preheat the oven to 350*.  

First you make the crust.

3/4 c. butter, melted
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. powdered sugar

Add flour and powdered sugar to melted butter.  Mix until crumbly.  (I would call this more dough-like than crumbly, like sugar cookie dough.)  Reserve 1/4 c. of crust mix for topping.
Sprinkle crust mixture evenly over bottom of stoneware bar pan.  Roll to an even thickness using lightly floured roller.


(I use powdered sugar instead of flour and pat down with my hand first and then roll out smooth with roller.  I found this works better than just rolling which even with flour or sugar sticks to the roller often.)


For filling:
1 jar (12oz) seedless jam
1/4 c. all-purpose flour

(If you use more than one flavor make sure you evenly distribute the flour.)
Combine jam and flour in small batter bowl; mix until smooth.
Spread jam over crust.

For topping:
1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. walnut halves, chopped (optional, I rarely add nuts to my baking)

If cream cheese isn't softened warm in microwave 30 seconds or until soft.  Add powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. (I used an electric beater).  Put cream cheese mixture in Accent Decorator, Piping Bag or Plastic Ziploc Bag (if doing this, cut a hole in one corner for piping).  

Pipe cream cheese in diagonal rows onto jam layer.

If using nuts, add them to reserved crust.

Sprinkle reserved crust over top of cream cheese layer.  

Bake 30-35 min or until edges lightly golden brown.  Remove from oven; cool completely.  

Cut into squares, or triangles.




ENJOY!!!
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment