Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes


Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
*****

When I am in the mood for peanut butter and lots of chocolate these are just perfect!  The peanut butter is not overwhelming unless you want it to be.  Add as much or as little peanut butter chips as you want.  It's SO incredibly simple and fast these are going to be very common this coming winter.


You start with a basic family size brownie mix.  Mix according to directions for "Cake-like" brownies.  If you are at high altitude (like me) you will most likely had to add flour as well.  You can also use any basic brownies recipe you have.
I can never be content with a box of brownie mix, if nothing else I always AT LEAST add 1-2 handfuls of chocolate chips.  Makes them so much more chocolaty and delicious!

Scoop about 1 spoonful into the bottom paper-lined muffin pan.  Then add peanut butter chips.  This is where you decide how much or little you want of peanut butter flavor.  (You can add other kind of chips, if desired, in here, but I already added my chocolate chips to the batter).

Then cover with the remaining batter.

This recipe makes 18.  If you only have muffin tins with 12, make sure you add water to the remaining muffin tins or your brownies will not cook evenly.
Then bake at temperature according to box directions (about 350* most likely) and I used a little less time than the 13x9" pan would take.  My box said 28-30 and I baked mine for about 25.  They were perfect.  

You can't really see the layer of peanut butter but it is there and oh, so yummy!

ENJOY!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment