Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Chicken & Broccoli Puffs

Chicken & Broccoli Puffs
*****
I got this recipe from a Pampered Chef Cookbook. Technically it's called chicken and broccoli braid, but as you can see, I didn't make a braid. I make this every time I find crescent rolls on sale. **The filling is gluten free, not the crescent rolls**

INGREDIENTS:
2 c. cooked chicken, chopped
1 c. broccoli, chopped (I've used mixed broccoli & cauliflower before too)
1/2 c. red bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I always do medium cheese & more of it)
1/2 c. mayo
2 tsp. dill mix (or dried dill weed works too)
1/4 tsp. salt
~FOR GLUTEN FREE STOP HERE~
2 pkg. (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls (keep refrigerated until need them or they get sticky)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. slivered almonds

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Mix chicken, broccoli and bell pepper in bowl. Press garlic over vegetable mixture.
2. Add cheese to vegetable mixture; mix gently.
3. Add mayo, dill, salt; mix well.


4. Scoop onto crescent rolls and roll up. You can make all kinds fancy shape, braids and stuff. I just put the large side facing the middle of my pan and the point hanging off the edge and scoop then fold the crescent inwards. I make 2 circles this way.
5. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with almonds (I skip this cause my family doesn't like it).
6. Bake 25-28 min. or until deep golden brown. Cut and serve.

**I bake this on my stoneware, if you're using a regular cookie sheet I'd watch the time, 5 min. before and after to see what the best time is.**


GLUTEN FREE VERSION: The filling itself is gluten-free, I add the filling on top of some gluten-free bread and toast it, like a hot chicken melt and Hailey loves it. You can also roll these in a gluten-free tortilla

ENJOY!
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment