Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tomatillo Ranch Dressing

Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
*****





When we lived in Roosevelt, one of the only decent places to eat was Cafe Rio which was about 30 minutes away but worth the drive and we made it often.  There were times we just couldn't make the drive and were dying for some deliciousness.  I found a couple of copycat recipes online and tweaked them to make my favorite meal.  The Cafe Rio Style Chicken and Cafe Rio Style Rice.  And I realized as I opened tomatillos in my Winder Farms order, that I've never posted the dressing.  That just won't do.
I found the recipe HERE from The Girl Who Ate Everything.  And other than adding a little bit more tomatillos and jalapenos and making poor man's buttermilk, I pretty much left it alone.  She did a great job!



I made this dressing the night before the chicken because I like to let the flavors get all combined and spicy.

I started by making poor man's buttermilk.  One Tbsp of vinegar in a liquid measuring cup and then enough whole milk to make 1 c.
I chopped up my ingredients, just so they'd blend easier.
I poured my "buttermilk" into my blender and then added
1 oz ranch dressing mix (or 3 Tbsp. if you buy in bulk)
1 c. mayo
2-3 tomatillos (they are green, near the tomatoes)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
1/2 tsp. lime juice
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed

I just blended that all up

and then poured into my jars.

Please note in these pictures the recipe is DOUBLED!  You will only need one jar for the recipe listed.
I ALWAYS make double of this, but one batch will make more than enough to feed everyone for a meal.  My hubby likes to put this on most everything including baked potatoes!  If kept sealed in the fridge this will last at least 2 weeks.  (I doubt it will last that long!)  Remember to stir before pouring.

**This recipe is gluten free. Verify all your ingredients are gluten free (especially soy sauce!!).**
ENJOY!!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment