Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cajun Chicken Pasta


Cajun Chicken Pasta
****
Flavor of this really depends on your cajun seasoning. I have a great recipe for one, I'll add in the future.

INGREDIENTS:
4 oz. linguine pasta
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tsp. cajun seasoning (I make my own)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced (I omit, I hate mushrooms)
1 green onion, chopped
1 c. heavy cream
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

This makes 2 servings, I always at least double it for our fam!

DIRECTIONS:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 min or until al dente; drain.
2. Place the chicken and cajun seasoning in a bag. Shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender(5-7 min).
3. Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms (YUCK!) and green onion. Saute and stir for 2-3 min. Reduce heat.
4. Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder, pepper. Heat through. Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.

**FOR GLUTEN FREE - USE GLUTEN FREE NOODLES!!!**

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment