Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Peanut Butter Ice Cream


Peanut Butter Ice Cream
*****

OK! I can OFFICIALLY SAY I've written MY OWN AUTHENTIC recipe :)
I tried all the recipes they had on allrecipes.com for a pb ice cream and nothing worked quite right. So I took what I thought was the best of each of those plus some of our recipe for rocky road and tweaked it until my baby was born!

I LOVE pb ice cream especially with chopped mini pb cups and/or choc chips. Not anything you'll find in your grocers' freezer!

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 c sugar
3 eggs
1 c whole milk
1/2 c peanut butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups whipping cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
mini peanut butter cups, chopped (optional)
chocolate chips (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until thick, about 3 minutes. Set aside. Pour milk into a small asucepan, and bring to a simmer over low heat. Gradually drizzle the hot milk into the eggs while whisking vigorously (GREAT arm workout!) Then pour the whole mixture into the saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. DO NOT BOIL!
2. Remove from heat, and whisk in peanut butter. Allow to cool slightly, then whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
3. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Mine mixes for 20 min, then I transfer to a container and freeze.) After about an hour I took out and folded in pb cups and choc chips, while mixture is still soft. Then return to freezer until frozen solid.

Totally worth the wait in my opinion!
P.S. If you don't like pb this is NOT the recipe for you. I've seen reviews of people saying something tastes like pb when thats the main ingredient. This DOES taste like peanut butter, hence the name.

ENJOY! :)

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment